Reports suggest Harlequins are set to land Worcester Warriors former England U19 full-back Nick David as a replacement for the departing Mike Brown.
The 35-year-old has made a club-record 348 appearances and scored 98 tries for Quins, winning the 2012 Premiership and the 2011 European Challenge Cup.
David, who is second in the league for most metres gained, has shone for Worcester in a season where there has been a lot of doom and gloom.
The 22-year-old has played wing mainly this season but his preferred position is full-back and that added versatility makes him a hot prospect for any side in the league looking to recruit for the future.
- Sky Bet predict how the Lions will line-up
- McGeechan ranks his 5 best young players in the world
- O’Driscoll leaves Owen Farrell out of his Lions backline
- The Six Nations team of the tournament has been named
- Italy legend Sergio Parisse ranks his five toughest opponents
Mike Brown selects his England XV for 2023 World Cup
- 15. Tom de Glanville (Bath RFC)
- 14. Anthony Watson (England)
- 13. Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
BROWN SAID: “De Glanville has all the skills. Get him in now to see if he can make the step up.”
RUCK’S PICKS: 15. Josh Hodge (Exeter Chiefs), 14. Joe Cokanasiga (Bath RFC), 11. Ollie Thorley (Gloucester)
- 13. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)
- 12. Owen Farrell (Saracens)
BROWN SAID: “Slade has got the natural ability that we associate with All Blacks. Farrell showed against Wales what he can do as second receiver, bringing outside backs into the game and off-loading when taking the line on himself.”
RUCK’S PICKS: 13. Joe Marchant (Harlequins), 12. Owen Farrell (Saracens)