A Mike Brown red card, which will surely be his last act in a Harlequins shirt, almost cost his team dearly.
However, Marcus Smith’s last-gasp score capped a marvellous individual display and snatched a 48-46 win against Wasps for 14-man Quins to boost their Premiership top-four hopes.
Brown’s sending off could yet have repercussions for him at the disciplinary panel, as he will likely be cited and face a hearing – and a ban could end his Quins career before his move to Newcastle this off-season.
Mike Brown red card:
- LIST: 5 players who are reportedly on the Lions standby list
- How the Lions will line-up against the Springboks based on the odds
- The youthful England XV Eddie Jones should select this summer
- “Farrell will play 12” – Brian O’Driscoll selects his Lions XV
- Eight Crazy Things You Didn’t Know About Sam Simmonds
Alternative Lions squad: The 37 players who missed out
- Jonny May (England)
- Jack Nowell (England)
- Jacob Stockdale (Ireland)
- Hugo Keenan (Ireland)
- Darcy Graham (Scotland)
- Max Malins (England)
- Leigh Halfpenny (Wales)
- Manu Tuilagi (England)
- Henry Slade (England)
- Cameron Redpath (Scotland)
- Garry Ringrose (Ireland