The 2021 British & Irish Lions team doesn’t pick itself, and that’s arguably a good thing for head coach Warren Gatland.
He has selection headaches all over the field, most notably within his stacked forward pack.
On Thursday, Gatland named a 37-man squad for the South Africa tour which featured 10 of the England players who finished fifth in the 2021 Six Nations.
Below we look at how the starting XV* might look based on their odds to make the squad prior to the announcement.
- Fullback: Stuart Hogg (Scotland) – 1/20
- Winger: Josh Adams (Wales) – 1/10
- Winger: Anthony Watson (England) – 1/5
Did you know? Hogg gained 3,289 metres in his Six Nations career, more than any other player in the tournament since 2000
- Outside-centre: Robbie Henshaw (Ireland) – 1/16
- Inside-centre: Owen Farrell (England) – 1/20
Did you know? Farrell has scored 1050 points during his Test career, only four men have scored more in international rugby