England head coach Eddie Jones has named his England squad to tour Australia with a number of big name stars missing out.
England last toured Australia in 2016 where Jones’ side won all three Test matches with a squad which included ten current players: Danny Care, Luke Cowan-Dickie, Owen Farrell, Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Maro Itoje, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola, Jack Nowell and Courtney Lawes.
Uncapped players Fraser Dingwall, Tommy Freeman, Guy Porter, Patrick Schickerling, Jack van Poortvliet and Jack Walker make the squadwhile Henry Arundell and Will Joseph are named as apprentice players.
“Though we have nine players unavailable due to injury, we have picked a very strong squad capable of winning the series. This squad is a real mix of young, talented players and some very experienced, senior players and we’re looking forward to bring the group together.
“This tour will be a great experience for the group and a crucial part of the team’s work towards the Rugby World Cup in 2023. We will continue to develop the base of the squad and how we want to play.
“We’ve put a lot of work into preparation for the tour over the past few weeks but now the hard work really begins when we finally get the squad on the plane and to Australia.”
- Saturday 2 July – Optus Stadium, Perth Kick-off 10:55 BST
- Saturday 9 July – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane. Kick-off: 10:55 BST
- Saturday 16 July – Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney. Kick-off: 10:55 BST
All games live on Sky Sports
- Danny Cipriani’s move to US stalls with new destination revealed
- George Kruis conversion: Second-row slots back-heel kick
- England player ratings vs Barbarians: Eddie Jones men very poor
- Revealed: The greatest ever Barbarians XV
England squad to tour Australia
Patrick Schickerling (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped)
Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 61 caps)
Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 67 caps)
Jack Walker (Harlequins, uncapped)
Jack Willis (Wasps, 3 caps)