Jonny Wilkinson showed absolutely no love for modern rugby players with his Dream XV.
The England, Newcastle and Toulon legend gave his ultimate team to Sky Sports, which we’re absolutely delighted included Brian O’Driscoll alongside the likes of Serge Blanco and Jonah Lomu
A veteran of four World Cups, O’Driscoll made a name for himself on the World Stage for his unwavering consistency in defence and dazzling skills in attack.
Wilkinson was full of praise for the Dublin native while explaining his selection.
Speaking about the four-time British and Irish Lions tourist, Jonny Wilkinson said: “The ability to change the game in a second, a heartbeat, with his movement, with his skill, his game reading but also his leadership.”
Check out his full selection below.
JONNY WILKINSON: DREAM TEAM
- 1. David Sole (Scotland): He was seen by Wilkinson as “someone who inspired and brought energy to the game” with impact.
- 2. Keith Wood (Ireland): “You need someone here in this position who can bring you the set piece control but at the same time I think they need to be aggressive, be someone that runs hard, someone that doesn’t stop, never gives up.”
- 3. Craig Dowd (New Zealand): “As with all tight heads what you want is someone who doesn’t take no for an answer, someone who is maybe a little quieter but someone you just don’t mess with”
- 4. Bakkies Botha (South Africa): “Someone incredibly fierce but very very down to earth” and “at times he’s exactly what a team needs.”
- 5. John Eales (Australia): “intelligent, another massive leader, gets himself around the park and brings another angle of goal kicking”.