Premiership Rugby can confirm that Gloucester Rugby’s Gallagher Premiership Rugby match against Bath Rugby – scheduled for this weekend – has been called off.
Gloucester Rugby have returned a number of positive Covid-19 tests in the last few days and members of their playing squad have been ruled out of the match due to these positive tests and contact tracing. We are in consultation with Public Health England and Gloucester Rugby have taken the decision to close both their training ground and Kingsholm Stadium.
A Premiership Rugby spokesperson said: “Our priority is the health and safety of everyone involved with Gloucester Rugby and Bath Rugby and we will give the clubs any support they need. We wish everyone affected a full and speedy recovery.
“Neither Premiership Rugby nor the club will be naming any of the players or staff involved and we’d ask everyone to respect their privacy.”
Under the Premiership Rugby regulations, the match between Gloucester Rugby and Bath Rugby will be cancelled. A Premiership Rugby panel will now be convened to determine the allocation of points and a further announcement will be made in due course.
Click here to read the clauses about Covid in the Premiership Rugby regulations.
- Nigel Owens ranks his top 5 captains he refereed
- Dan Biggar could be banned after ‘ugly’ clearout
- 5 England players who’ve been backed for a Lions call-up
- How the Lions will line-up for first test, according to Sky Bet
- Jonny Wilkinson ranks his THREE best No.10’s
How the Lions will line-up for first test, according to Sky Bet
Odds are accurate on Saturday, 29th May, 8pm, and are subject to change in the run up to the first test.
- 15. Stuart Hogg (Scotland) – 1/7
- 14. Anthony Watson (England) – 8/15
- 11. Josh Adams (Wales) – 11/10
- 13. Robbie Henshaw (Ireland) – 1/16
- 12. Owens Farrell (England) – 4/11