Danny Care has claimed Warren Gatland’s selection ‘doesn’t make sense’ and England star questions loyalty to Welshman Dan Biggar.
The scrum-half, who received a letter from Gatland prior to the squad announcement, doesn’t think the team will win the series decider on Saturday.
Discussing the selection on the BBC Rugby Union Weekly podcast, Care said: “I don’t get the team, I don’t understand a few things.
“I don’t understand how Jamie George hasn’t played a single minute in this Test series, it doesn’t make sense to me.
“The lineout hasn’t been firing at all and Jamie George is one of the best in the world at his throwing. I don’t get that.
“To leave Owen Farrell out, when you are going into a do-or-die game, I don’t get that.”
- The day jobs of your favourite (or not) rugby referees
- Carter and McCaw agree on their toughest opponent
- Eddie Jones says he had just 4 world class players
- Jonah Lomu ranked his four toughest opponents
- The best free agents rugby XV of stars still available
#1. Georgie & Owen Farrell (England)
Despite him being England captain, Farrell’s wife Georgie likes to keep her life extremely private. The couple married in the summer of 2018 and Georgie gave birth to their son, Tommy, in March 2019.