Tendai Mtawarira has said Ellis Genge needs to be ‘dealt with properly’ after landing a number of forearm cheap-shots into Ireland fly-half Johnny Sexton on Saturday.
During Saturday’s Irish win, the England prop wrestled with Sexton under the posts as Eddie Jones’ team launched a late assault at the Aviva Stadium, with footage appearing to show him run his elbow across the Ireland captain’s head.
Springbok Legend and World CUp-winner Tendai Mtawarira responded to the incident by saying: “This Ellis Genge dude needs to be dealt with properly..
Genge, who wasn’t cited for the incident, responded to the legend by saying “I’ll let him know.”
For a disciplinary hearing to be triggered the offence has to be worthy of a red card but the deadline for a citing has passed, meaning Genge has no case to answer.
For his part, the Ireland captain Sexton asked referee Mathieu Raynal to review the incident with the TMO but he was subsequently denied.
DID YOU KNOW? Tendai Mtawarira is the 17th most capped international forward of all time and the 5th most capped prop of all time
- 5 players who failed their final Lions audition in Dublin
- LIST: 5 highest paid head coaches in world rugby
- Warburton names 6 England stars in his Lions XV
- Bundee Aki red card: Centre sent off for hit on Billy Vunipola
How the full 36-man Lions squad will look, according to the bookies
- Jonny May (England) – 1/10
- Josh Adams (Wales) – 1/7
- Stuart Hogg (Scotland) – 1/7
- Anthony Watson (England) – 1/3
- Louis Rees-Zammit (Wales) – 4/6
- Liam Williams (Wales) – 5/6
- Robbie Henshaw (Ireland) – 1/7
- Jonathan Davies (Wales) – 4/7
- Garry Ringrose (Ireland) – 4/7
- Manu Tuilagi (England) – 4/6