England prop Ellis Genge made a good case for Lions call-up by powering Leicester Tigers into the European Challenge Cup final.
Watched by Lions coaches Gregor Townsend and Steve Tandy, the England loosehead picked Tigers up when they were down and drove them to glory.
Watching Lions legend Sam Warburton purred: “I’d definitely have Genge in my squad for South Africa.”
He then received more praise for his actions after he was replaced, heading straight to the Ulster bench to check on John Cooney after the scrum-half suffered a concussion..
- Eight Crazy Things You Didn’t Know About Owen Farrell
- Mike Tindall selects his ‘all-out attack’ Lions XV
- Jason Robinson makes his return to rugby union
- Every Gallagher Premiership clubs incoming players
- RANKED: Five best British & Irish Lions bolters of all-time
- 5 amazing players who will miss the Lions tour due to injury