It’s truly worrying times for England flanker Sam Underhill after his comeback for Bath lasted just 15 minutes this afternoon.
Leinster made minimal fuss in booking their place in the last 16 of the Champions Cup with a commanding 64-7 win over the black, blue and whites.
In his first game since suffering a concussion against Gloucester on Boxing Day, the backrower appears to have suffered another bad one after making a tackle.
Underhill, who had been tipped for a recall by Eddie Jones this week, could now be ruled out for weeks or months after coming off early once again.
Earlier this week, the England coach had said: “Sam is not quite ready,
“He has had a fairly truncated period since the autumn but we are hopeful he will get himself fit and match ready for later in the tournament.”
One fan even commented that “Underhill needs to quit. He’s going to seriously damage his health. I get worried every time he plays.’
Another added: “Underhill with a bad head knock again. He’s been great this season when he’s played but man I’m certainly worried about his future.”
- England Six Nations Squad 2022: Barbeary in, Underhill out
- 5 rugby stars who went to prison and where they were locked up
- Gloucester sign international back-row from London Irish
- Refereeing appointments announced for 2022 Six Nations
- England’s shock Six Nations squad selections
Nacon has released the official Gameplay Trailer for Rugby 22!
The alternative England XV ‘that would win the Six Nations’
- 15 Elliot Daly (Saracens)
- 14. Louis Lynagh (Harlequins)
- 11. Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons)
- 13. Jonathan Joseph (Bath RFC)
- 12. Manu Tuilagi (Sale Sharks)