An emotional Kyle Sinckler addressed the fans after his man of the match display as Bristol Bears overcame Bath in a heated derby match.
The Bears got their season up and running after they came from behind to win 25-20 in the Premiership on Friday.
Sinckler, who came on in all three Tests for the Lions against South Africa this summer, had been due to rest for another two weeks, but decided he didn’t want to ‘sit on the sidelines’ any longer.
- Bristol Bears vs Bath player ratings: Hosts fightback for first win
- Bryan Habana ranks the five best rugby players in world
- Joe Marler picks his dream forward pack
- The greatest rugby XV of all-time picked by statisticians
- All Blacks legend Richie McCaw ranks his FIVE best flankers
- Fans react to ‘pathetic’ ban for *that* brutal tackle
Kyle Sinckler reveals his three toughest opponents
#3. Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)
- Position Second-row
- Height 6 ft 6 in
- Weight 268 lb
- Caps 160
Sinckler, who grew up in a single-parent family in Tooting, south London, has been working with an organisation called Saviour World which has helped him to focus on his game and deal with emotional difficulties
Sinckler said: “We’re actually good friends. I think that’s how he knows how to get under my skin.”
Did you know? Jones studied part-time for a degree in law at Swansea University, graduating on 21 July 2010