Nigel Owens gave his take on the Ryno Pieterse tackle, saying, “I never get involved in citing’s or length of ban conversations.”
“But this was as obvious a red card you will see and well done Romain, no TMO lengthy conversations. But it has to now be followed by a very very lengthy ban.”
There was little sympathy, in fact a lot of anger shown to South African lock after his disgraceful tackle on Maxime Lucu.
Pieterse was immediately shown a red card by referee Romain Poite, and the South African was sent to the stands with little to argue about.
- 15 Celebrities you didn’t know played rugby….
- Fans rank the 5 ‘Dirtiest’ Rugby Players Of All-Time
- Latest possible replacements for under pressure Jones
- LIST: 5 rugby stars who suddenly bulked up
- Jonny May reveals all about injury hell summer
NIGEL OWENS: MY TOP 5 CAPTAINS
#5. Chris Robshaw (England)
Owens said: Some people will be surprised at this one to start off. His misfortune was perhaps to be leading England during a difficult time, but he always gave everything for the cause, encouraging others to follow suit, and he was a nice guy off the pitch.”