A last minute Toby Fricker try gave Bristol their first Premiership win in five matches as they beat Gloucester 29-18 to dent their hopes of a top four finish.
That was despite Sam Bedlow being red carded for. a dangerous tackle with 10 minutes to.
No drop in height, contact direct to the head, no mitigation – the referee was left with little option then to send off the centre.
- Premiership club slammed for signing Russian player
- Sam Simmonds now likely to miss England’s summer tour
- Sergio Parisse set to make u-turn on retirement decision
- Dan Biggar BANNED following red card against Gloucester
- Six Nations scrum-half confirms shock international retirement
Premiership’s highest paid player each season from 1998 to 2022
1997-1998: Va’aiga Tuigamala (Newcastle Falcons) – £80,000 per seasonEmbed from Getty Images
1999-2000: Francois Pienaar (Saracens) – £85,000 per seasonEmbed from Getty Images
2000-2001: Jason Robinson (Sale Sharks) – £180,000 per seasonEmbed from Getty Images