England and Lions legend Jason Leonard has selected his drinking XV of players from down the years that he’d want with him for long sessions and it’s brilliant.
If anybody can save the pubs post-lockdown, it would be this group of beer-swigging individuals, although he did make sure to sensibly pick a designated driver.
Leonard’s career spanned the amateur and professional eras, and he was successful in both. It is a testament to his skill and commitment that he was able to adapt so easily to the changing rugby environment.
DID YOU KNOW? He had a job as a carpenter before turning professional
- Gavin Hastings (Full-back, Scotland)
- Rory Underwood (Wing and designated driver, England)
- Scott Hastings (Wing, Scotland)
- Jeremy Guscott (Centre, England)
- Scott Gibbs (Centre, Wales)