Wasps have confirmed that Thomas Young will be leaving the Club at the end of the current season, to join Cardiff Rugby.
Wasps Men’s Head Coach Lee Blackett said: “Whilst we are obviously disappointed to see Thomas leave, we fully understand his reasons for needing to play in Wales.
“Thomas has always added great value on and off the field and he is highly respected by everyone at the Club.
“I would like to say thank you to Thomas for all his effort during his time in Black and Gold. He has been a great servant to Wasps and a pleasure to coach, and everyone here would like to wish him, Emma, and Ava all the best for the future. We look forward to seeing him play many more times for Wales.”
Young added: “It has been an honour to play for such a great Club.
“I would like to thank everyone at Wasps for helping me develop as a player, on and off the pitch over the past few years.
“Looking back over my seven years at the Club, I have so many great memories and I have made some lifelong friendships. I will give my all to finish my time here on a high.”
- Prime Video rugby pundits: Full line-up revealed
- England drop the Saxons name because it is ‘inappropriate’
- Transfer Round-Up: Tadhg Furlong, Jonathan Joseph, Anthony Watson…
- ‘Overhyped plodder’ – Alun Wyn Jones blasted by South African media
- LIST: 5 rugby players you didn’t know played for other countries
- Sam Warburton names his revised back-row to dominate the Springboks