TV presenter and sports pundit Ugo Monye has been confirmed as the final contestant on this year’s Strictly Come Dancing,
The England international began his career playing rugby at Harlequins in 2002 and went on to make 241 appearances for the club, scored 89 tries, won a Premiership and made his England debut in 2008.
Since retiring in 2015, he has become a respected face and voice in the world of sports presenting.
“What a dream come true! Strictly is the biggest entertainment show on TV and I can’t wait to show everyone I’ve got more than just dad dancing moves,
“My two beautiful daughters never had a chance to see me on the rugby pitch, so to know they can watch me waltzing and twirling every week is really special to me.” said Monye.
“I love an outfit at the best of times, so bring on the sequins!”
Ugo completes our Strictly class of 2021, joining Tom Fletcher, Robert Webb, AJ Odudu, John Whaite, Rhys Stephenson, Sara Davies, Katie McGlynn, Dan Walker, Tilly Ramsay, Greg Wise, Nina Wadia, Rose Ayling-Ellis, Adam Peaty and Judi Love in our line-up.
- The 15 best European rugby union players named
- Jonny Wilkinson asked who were his toughest opponents
- 5 of the Worst Kits in Gallagher Premiership History
- Fans name the rugby players whose unfulfilled potential ‘upset them
- England stars who want to swap nations for next World Cup
How have other rugby stars fared on Strictly Come Dancing?
Series 1: Martin Offiah
- Year: 2004
- Partner: Erin Boag
- Place: 4th
- Highest score: 25
- Series winner: Natasha Kaplinsky (Journalist & television presenter)
Series 4: Matt Dawson
- Year: 2006
- Partner: Lilia Kopylova
- Place: 2nd
- Highest score: 38
- Series winner: Mark Ramprakash (Cricketer)