Just when you think there’s nothing on, Marcus Smith always comes up with a piece of magic and scored another terrific try for Harlequins against Bath today. We’re starting to get used to seeing that trademark punch in the air.
Premiership champions Quins made it four bonus-point wins from five games as they came from behind to beat Bath 21-17 at The Stoop.
- LIST: The FOUR big Premiership signings who will flop
- RFU announced shock bid to host the Rugby World Cup
- Nigel Owens ranks the best and worst players to referee
- 5 rugby stars you didn’t know are related to sporting legends
- Top 10 highest-paid rugby players 2021/22 – who earns the most?
Marcus Smith facts: Eight things you didn’t know…
#1. Early life
Smith was born in Manila in the Philippines and picked up the game at the age of 7 with Centaurs RFC when his family decided to move to Singapore, he learnt the game there before moving to Sussex as a 13-year old. He has two younger brothers, Luc and Tomas.
#2. International roots
His Dad, Jeremy Smith lived in Hong Kong from 1992-97, playing for Valley and the national side at fly-half.