#5. Dylan Hartley (England)
In May 2013, Hartley was sent off in the Aviva Premiership final against Leicester and banned for 11 weeks after being found guilty of verbally abusing a match official. Despite already being photographed in full kit, this act cost Hartley his place in the 2013 British and Irish Lions tour to Australia.
He copped an 11-week suspension and missed the Lions tour as a result. His omission four years later by Gatland meant he retired having never been a Lion.
- Adam Jones picks his Lions pack to beat the Springboks
- Fans Have Ranked The Top 5 Most Overrated Rugby Players Of All Time
- 2021’s free agent rugby union XV might be the best ever
- Only two England players set to be in Lions team against Japan
- Five players who turned down England call-ups from Eddie Jones
- FATHERS DAY | Five rugby legends sons earmarked for success