Former Newcastle Falcons Director of Rugby Dean Richards, who stepped down at the end of the season, is now the favourite to take over Glasgow Warriors.
Danny Wilson was sacked as head coach in the wake of the club’s embarrassing 76-14 United Rugby Championship quarter-final defeat by Leinster earlier this month.
The hammering capped a meek end to the URC season for Warriors, who lost six of their final eight matches.
Managing director Al Kellock said their form “has not been acceptable”.
Wilson, 45, departs following two seasons in charge of the club after taking over from Dave Rennie.
The Rugby Paper have reported today that Richards is the ‘frontrunner for the role’ weeks after the former England number 8 revealed he’d be open to working outside of the Premiership
Richards was initially going to stay on at Kingston Park in some capacity but it now seems far more likely he will leave the club altogether.
- Ellis Genge gave emotional final interview as Leicester captain
- The emotional moment Ellis Genge and Tom Youngs lifted the Premiership trophy
- Freddie Burns drop-goal: Fly-halves emotional post match interview
- Gallagher Premiership final player Ratings: Leicester 15- 12 Saracens
- WATCH: This is how George Ford’s Australia tour ended before it even got started