16. Owen Farrell wasn’t always named Owen Farrell
He was not at first registered as a Farrell, but took mum Colleen’s family name of O’Loughlin. The couple married in 1995, changing Owen’s surname to Farrell the following year.
17. England legend Martin Johnson actually played for New Zealand first.
However, what you might not know is that All Blacks legend Colin Meads invited the raw but promising teenager to New Zealand to play for the King Country province in 1989 and Johnson, who took up the offer, would go on to be capped by New Zealand U21s.
18. In 2012, following his Scotland debut, Stuart Hogg discovered he was a distant relative of football legend George Best.
19. The notion of singing a national anthem before a sporting event originated at a rugby match
20. Scotland have never beaten New Zealand
Wait, that is totally believable.
- Fine list at amateur rugby club makes hilarious reading
- Rugby’s Ultimate Sh**house XV – Dirtiest Rugby Players
- Trim Manu Tuilagi looks in incredible shape ahead of new season
- Dean Richards first role since leaving Newcastle Falcons confirmed
- Saracens make shock swoop for former England and Harlequins star