Toulon edged out Saracens 25-16 at Stade Felix Mayol to set up an all-French European Challenge Cup final with Lyon.
“We’re obviously disappointed,” said Saracens captain Owen Farrell after the game.
“Disappointed in the result but probably more in the performance. We feel like we could have given a better account of ourselves.
“We couldn’t string too much together. We need to find out why and make sure it doesn’t happen again. Look inwards and make sure it spurs us on for the rest of the season.”
- Eddie Jones linked with emotional return to old role
- Itoje Names The Toughest Opponent He Has Ever Faced
- Carter and McCaw agree on their toughest opponent
- The reason Eddie Jones ‘gave up’ on Billy Vunipola
- GONE: Leicester Tigers release Stuart Lancaster’s son
Five things you didn’t know about England and Saracens captain Owen Farrell
1. Almost joining Manchester United
In 2005, the 13-year-old Farrell had a trial at Old Trafford, and did enough to convince the club’s academy executives that the then goalkeeper deserved an extended spell with the club. Years later, they dressed him up as a goalkeeper on his stag fo.