Scotland head coach Gregor Townsend has picked his fantasy rugby dream team for scottishrugby.org and it’s stunning.
When selecting his squad, he decided not to select any players he played alongside, ruling out “all those excellent British and Irish players from that 1997 tour to South Africa.”
It’s still a stunning selection!
15. Christian Cullen (New Zealand) – “Probably my favourite player in this team! I loved his balanced running, his bravery and also his ability to score so many world-class tries.”
14. Jason Robinson (England) – “He was electric, with the ability to step late and off either foot. Was equally as dangerous at fullback and worked very hard to make a successful transition from rugby league.”
11. Jonah Lomu (New Zealand) – “A phenomenal player and a wonderful human being. I felt privileged to play in the same era as Jonah and get to spend time with him on a few occasions outside of rugby.”
13. Brian O’Driscoll (Ireland) – “He made an incredible breakthrough to Test rugby and continued to display brilliant attacking and defensive skills for the rest of his career.”
12. Tim Horan (Scotland) – “He had outstanding pace, so could break through defensive lines in an instant. Another lovely man too.”