Former England winger Chris Ashton’s rugby career could be over following his latest bust-up, according to Nik Simon from the Mail Online.
The former Northampton, Saracens and Toulon player who scored 100 points in a 44-cap international career, has struggled to settle recently, having played for Sale, Harlequins and Worcester the last 18 months
Rumours had circulated online that he’d been suspended by Worcester Warriors, who maintain that the speedster is simply ‘unavailable’, after a recent clash with a teammate.
The Mail Online report that ‘Legal procedures are underway and the 34-year-old’s contract with Warriors could be terminated after just three games for the struggling club.’
- Strongest ever England stars: Who holds the gym records?
- Joe Marler reveals the hilarious nicknames he has for teammates
- Over 200,000 fans have voted for their greatest all-time Rugby XV
- SQUAD UPDATES: Scotland and Wales call-up reinforcements
- LIST: Introducing the 5 rugby brothers you didn’t know about…
“Couldn’t tackle a crossword” – Fans Pick The Most Over-Hyped XV Of All-Time
Check out the full selection below.
- 15. Johan Goosen (South Africa) – “He was supposed to be the next big thing for Springbok rugby, and now he’s barely remembered.”
- 14. George North (Wales) – “is the most overrated player of this generation, when was the last time he had a good game that wasn’t against Italy.”
- 11. Chris Ashton (England) – ” That man lived off his ‘solo’ try against Australia and managed to get in the England team every time. He couldn’t tackle a crossword! Lacks creativity and only works running a line of a short pass from number ten. Overrated definitely!”
- 13. Kurtley Beale (Australia) – “He spends all game looking for line breaks, which will work some days and destroys our backline chemistry on others. He needs to learn how to play with others.”
- 12. Gavin Henson (Wales) – “one kick and one big tackle and everyone thought he was the bees knees for the next few years”