Leicester Tigers have agreed terms with Kobus van Wyk, allowing the outside-back an early release from his contract with the club.
The 30-year-old has made 18 appearances for the club since his debut in October 2020.
Prior to joining Tigers, van Wyk played for New Zealand’s Hurricanes and had spells with the Stormers and Sharks in South Africa, as well as a short-stint with French club Bordeaux-Bègles.
Speaking about the release, Leicester Tigers Head Coach Steve Borthwick said: “I want to thank Kobus for his contribution to our club during his time in Leicester.
“He joined us at the start of this journey we are on and has played a part in building the foundations for what is to come at Tigers.
“I wish him and his family all the best for the next chapter.”
- Rassie Erasmus leaves Farrell and Youngs out of his England XV
- Martin Johnson Ranks His Five Best Locks Who Changed The Game
- Sale Sharks handed points reduction for fielding ineligible player
- Erasmus reveals the THREE England players he’d love to coach
- South Africa joining the Six Nations still ‘likely’