Speaking to the BBC in 2019, Warren Gatland selected an XV of players who were in pole position to start for his Lions against the Springboks in 2021.
Two years on, and with the New Zealander set to reveal his 36-man squad on Thursday, we take a look at the team he selected back then.
- Fullback. Stuart Hogg (Scotland)
- Winger. Josh Adams (Wales)
- Winger. Anthony Watson (England)
Verdict: All likely to be included
- Outside-centre. Jonathan Davies (Wales)
- Inside-centre: Manu Tuilagi (England)
Verdict: Davies is a certainty, while Tuilagi would be a wildcard pick as he’s not played any rugby since September