With Owen Farrell ruled out, it’s now being reported by a number of sources that playmaker George Ford WILL be recalled the England squad tomorrow.
Ford was the architect as Premiership leaders Leicester Tigers made it eight wins out of eight as they overcame a combative Bath side 40-23 at Mattioli Woods Welford Road.
After being asked whether he received a call from Jones, Ford responded with a grin: “Don’t assume anything. My phone was off anyway.”
Reports have now since emerged in the Express and Mail Online that he will join up with the England squad as early as Saturday evening.
Tigers have now won eight from eight in the opening stages of the Premiership and Ford’s excellent form has played a central role in Steve Borthwick’s side.
Ford added: “Regardless of being picked for England or not being picked for England, my attitude should be the same.”
- “Sexton one of the best” – Jonny Wilkinson ranks his top five fly-halves
- The greatest rugby XV that ever lived: Three England players selected
- ‘Get the f— down!’ – Three brilliant stories from James Haskell’s new book
- Revised England team with captain Owen Farrell set to be ruled out
- “Quicker than me” – Jason Robinson reveals England’s fastest ever player
Fastest Ever England players (100m time):
5. CHRISTIAN WADE – 10.8 SECONDS
The former England flier, who was called up Warren Gatland for the Lions tour to Australia in 2013, is trying his hand at American Football as a running back with the Buffalo Bills.