England captain Owen Farrell could return to action for Saracens this Saturday after being out of action since November with an ankle injury.
Sarries boss Mark McCall said: “Owen (Farrell) has been training over the last couple of weeks and fingers crossed he will be available for selection again on Saturday.
“He’s been in team training seasons for about two weeks. We’ll assess him tomorrow and Friday and make sure everything is OK.
“He’s the captain of the club and he’s obviously a great player, everybody knows that and for him personally it’s great as well.
“He loves playing rugby and he hasn’t played much. If he does play, he’s certainly looking forward to it. We’re chuffed to have him back.”
- Shawn Edwards selects incredible dream pack
- England to face Antoine Dupont AGAIN before Australia tour
- Sale Sharks issue disappointing injury update on Tom Curry
- Wales now a ‘third tier’ country as they tumble down world rankings
- Brilliantly awkward clip of Shaun Edwards and Sir Clive Woodward goes viral
JONES NAILED-ON WORLD CUP STARTERS:
#1. Ellis Genge
- Age: 27
- Club: Leicester Tigers
- Position: Prop
“Ellis will tell you that he is from the wrong side of the tracks and we’re quite happy for him to stay on the wrong side of them,” Jones said.
“Can he take a formal leadership role? There’s no reason why he can’t, whether that’s in the future, or now.”