The best hit during England’s Six Nations clash with Ireland has not come from a player but from one of Twickenham’s security guards.
The serial pitch invader Daniel Jarvis was in full England kit and looked set to join the England team for the anthems before being taken out by a steward.
A YouTube prankster famous for his eye-catching interruptions during the cricket Test series between England and India last summer hit the headlines for his behaviour during the Autumn Nations Series as he joined New Zealand and Japan for their anthems
You can see the incident below
- England fans furious as Ireland score with Sinckler down with a head injury
- First England player swaps nations after being named in USA squad
- England red card: Charlie Ewels sent off after just 82 seconds
- Italy vs Scotland player ratings: 2022 Six Nations
- Luke Pearce praised for immediately halting game and ordering HIA
The four changes Eddie Jones should make to his XV for France
#1. Charlie Ewels
Telegraph: “Regardless of public opinion and how his sending off affected the spectacle, modern players know that they must tackle lower. Unforgivably clumsy.”
Rugby Pass: “Received the earliest red card in international rugby history after only 82 seconds for his dangerous tackle on James Ryan who was left concussed. Ewels failed to bend into the tackle and as a result made forceful and direct contact with his opposite number’s head.”
Replacement: Joe Launchbury