Exeter Chiefs are looking to sign Irish centre Sean O’Brien, according to an exclusive report from Devon Live.
No not the legendary Ireland and Lions flanker Sean O’Brien who is currently at London Irish. This is Sean Garrett O’Brien.
The 23-year-old, who has appeared six times for Ireland U20, was named in the Connacht Academy ahead of the 2020–21 season. It is his third year in the academy.
He made his Connacht debut in Round 9 of the 2020–21 Pro14 against Ulster before scoring a try on his first start at home to Edinburgh in March 2021.
- Jerome Kaino reveals the 5 toughest player he faced
- Fans rank the five WORST transfers of the last 12 months
- Doddie Weir delivers inspirational message as he updates fans
- The Most Famous Fan of Each Gallagher Premiership Club
- Lions WON’T be able to bring partners to South Africa – meet them here
LIST | Rob Baxter’s 4 Worst Signings of All-Time
These moves didn’t quite work out.
1. Niko Matawalu
The Fijian magician came down to Chiefs from Bath with huge expectations after impressing at the 2015 Rugby World Cup. However, off-the-field problems meant the scrum-half/wing only ever played for Exeter Braves, once in December 2016, without graduating to the first team.