Former England and Lions international Ugo Monye has named his world team of 2021 based on players’ performances so far this year.
Monye used both club and international games to colour his opinion for his team back in June – and it didn’t age well as he included ZERO South Africans.
The 2009 British and Irish Lions tourist selected his team for World Rugby’s The Wrap and included players from Wales, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, France, Scotland and England.
New Zealand have the largest contingent of players in Monye’s team, with five Kiwis selected in the Englishman’s team of the year so far.
- 15. Damian McKenzie (New Zealand)
- 14. Louis Rees-Zammit (Wales)
- 11. Leicester Fainga’anuku (New Zealand)
- 13. Robbie Henshaw (Ireland)
- 12. Pita Ahki (New Zealand)