Mystery surrounds the absence and future of England winger Chris Ashton amid rumours he has been suspended by Worcester Warriors.
The former England winger, who has also been hit by injuries, is yet to make an appearance for the club this season.
Jonathan Thomas said: “We don’t comment on speculation or rumours.
“Chris [Ashton] is unavailable for selection this weekend.
“As it stands, he is unavailable but there is nothing else to comment on further, other than his selection this weekend.”
There have been rumours on social media that Ashton and new second-row signing Matt Garvey have been suspended by the club, but The Worcester News reports the latter has not.
- Eddie Jones confirms replacement for injured Anthony Watson
- 5 pairs of rugby players who have personal rivalries
- CONFIRMED: South Africa squad for Autumn Nations Series
- Rob Baxter’s 4 Worst Exeter Chiefs Signings Of All Time
- 5 star rugby players who will miss the Autumn Nations Series
“Couldn’t tackle a crossword” – Fans Pick The Most Over-Hyped XV Of All-Time
Fans have been picking their most ‘overrated’ rugby players of all-time on Reddit.
- 15. Johan Goosen (South Africa) – “He was supposed to be the next big thing for Springbok rugby, and now he’s barely remembered.”
- 14. George North (Wales) – “is the most overrated player of this generation, when was the last time he had a good game that wasn’t against Italy.”
- 11. Chris Ashton (England) – ” That man lived off his ‘solo’ try against Australia and managed to get in the England team every time. He couldn’t tackle a crossword! Lacks creativity and only works running a line of a short pass from number ten. Overrated definitely!”
- 13. Kurtley Beale (Australia) – “He spends all game looking for line breaks, which will work some days and destroys our backline chemistry on others. He needs to learn how to play with others.”
- 12. Gavin Henson (Wales) – “one kick and one big tackle and everyone thought he was the bees knees for the next few years”