When you’re a rugby player, you realize that rugby tends to have its own “culture.”
Everyone knows you as someone who plays, and you’ve just accepted this by now.
So, to express my love for the sport, here are 10 signs that are all too familiar when you play rugby.
1. Saturday’s are always a total write off
2. Results will dictate your plans
3. You look like someone beat you up, but really they’re just game day bruises
You swear you’re not in an abusive relationship, you just happen to play rugby where protection doesn’t exist.
4. Mud doesn’t really bother you anymore
It ends up in the strangest of places so you learn to live with it.
5. You may be opponents on the pitch, but you’re friends off it
For 80 minutes you may want to rip each others heads off, but once those 80 minutes are up, you shake hands and go socialize. Why? Because this is rugby.