RUCK picks their team of the week from Round 1 of the 2020 Six Nations.
15. Leigh Halfpenny (Wales): There was a scoring pass to Josh Adams, a wonderful take in the air, a number of incisive runs and plenty more besides. Looked back to his best.
14. Jonny May (England): Made amends for defensive brain fade with two majestic tries to give England late hope.
13. Nick Tompkins (Wales): Came up with a turnover and a telling pass in first spell on field. Then came back to finish superbly, scoring a wondeful try.
12. Gael Fickou (France): Led by example as Shaun Edwards’ defensive captain, getting into the faces of England’s playmakers all match, making 18 tackles.
11. Josh Adams (Wales): Three tries hoisted his tally to 14 in 22 Tests. Best finisher in the world at the moment.
It was simple.— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) February 1, 2020
It was clinical.
It was beautifully finished!
Here’s how Josh Adams scored the opening try of the 2020 #SixNations!
Watch on @BBCOne or follow live text here: https://t.co/qQkhJGpyKt#bbcrugby #sixnations pic.twitter.com/v9Zr9EmjRp
10. Johnny Sexton (Ireland): It had been seven weeks since the out-half last laced a boot. He is an old hand at playing ‘fresh’ and relished the new strategy of moving the ball. Kept Ireland in front, kicking five out of six
9. Antoine Dupont (France): Spoilt an immaculate performance with a late brain fart. His snipes created two tries and iced the game with tackle on Willi Heinz.