Everyone loves rugby facts that not many are aware of and so back in April 2020, one chap got a serious discussion going by asking folks to share rugby facts that sound “extremely fake” but are in fact legitimate.
A whole host of mad facts about many different players and teams surfaced and so here are 20 of the very best.
1. England have scored one try in FOUR World Cup finals
Unfortunately true, Jason Robinson’s try in the 2003 Rugby World Cup final is the men in whites only score. Arguably Mark Cueto should have doubled that tally in 2007, but that is a discussion for another day.Embed from Getty Images
2. Basketball was actually created by a rugby coach who wanted some form of indoor sporting activity to keep his players conditioned when it was off-season!
Knew we liked basketball for a reason.
3. Owen Farrell has never won the Premiership Player of the Month award
Yes, despite being England’s premier fly-half for almost a decade, the Saracens man has never been crowned player of the month. Danny Cipriani (2), George Ford, Joe Simmonds and Freddie Burns have all won the award in recent seasons.
4. The All Blacks had no red cards between 1967 and 2017, when Sonny Bill Williams was sent off against the Lions.
That is just mental.
5. Wayne Shelford tore his scrotum in a match against France. He got stitched up and returned to the field.
That must have hurt.