Gloucester Rugby have confirmed that tonight’s fixture against Worcester Warriors has been cancelled, following a forfeit by the opposition.
Worcester Warriors have stated that they are unable to field a team due to a combination of injuries and illness.
An independent Panel will now be convened to decide the points allocation and that decision will be communicated in due course but Premiership Rugby have confirmed the match will not be replayed.
In a statement, the Cherry & Whites said: Gloucester Rugby would like to extend its deepest apologies to our supporters. While this is not a matter which the Club were able to influence despite best efforts, we recognise the significant disruption this causes for both sets of supporters, players and staff.
“The Club will work with Premiership Rugby and the RFU as a matter of urgency to determine next steps, after which point, we will be in touch with Club Members and ticket purchasers to confirm the refund process.
“As ever we thank you for your patience and understanding. We can’t wait to see you back at Kingsholm soon.”
- Top 5 highest paid Premiership stars as Marcus Smith eyes mega-money
- RFU ‘living in cloud cuckoo land’ blasts Lawrence Dallaglio
- Saracens give update on injured England captain Owen Farrell
- Nigel Owens picks his team of the 2022 Six Nations
- “Simply the best” – Shawn Edwards selects incredible dream pack