England put in a much-improved second-half performance to overcome Italy 34-5 in Rome to keep their 2020 Six Nations title hopes alive.
Read on to see our Italy v England player ratings.
Ben Youngs‘ early try combined with a conversion and penalty from Owen Farrell gave the visitors a narrow 10-5 lead at the break with Jake Polledri crossing for the Azzurri.
The men in white upped the tempo after the break with Youngs adding a second before Jamie George, Tom Curry and Henry Slade secured the win for Eddie Jones men.
England will have to wait until France v Ireland is completed to learn whether they have won a first Six Nations title since 2017.
Ireland will be crowned champions if they win with a bonus point or by more than six points in Paris, while France can claim the title with a bonus-point victory and a winning margin of more than 31.
RUCK’S PLAYER OF THE MATCH: BEN YOUNGS (ENGLAND)
- Most tackles: Tom Curry (England) – 9
- Most missed tackles: Ben Youngs (England) – 4
- Most carries: Jake Polledri (Italy) – 10
- Most metres: Billy Vunipola (England) – 67
- Most defenders beaten: Mattia Bellini (Italy) – 5
- Most turnovers conceded: Matteo Minozzi (Italy) – 2
- 5 retired rugby players who are in the shape of their life
- Piers Morgan has selected his all-time greatest XV
- Lawrence Dallaglio select his 2021 British Lions XV
- Warren Gatland names his 11 ‘certainties’ for 2021 Lions XV
Italy v England player ratings
Italy: Matteo Minozzi 6; Edoardo Padovani 5, Luca Morisi 5, Carlo Canna 6, Mattia Bellini 7; Paolo Garbisi 6, Marcello Violi 5; Danilo Fischetti 5, Luca Bigi (capt) 6, Giosuè Zilocchi 5, Marco Lazzaroni 6, Niccolò Cannone 6, Sebastian Negri 6, Abraham Steyn 7, Jake Polledri 8.
England: George Furbank 6; Anthony Watson 4, Jonathan Joseph 5, Henry Slade 7, Jonny May 6; Owen Farrell (capt) 6, Ben Youngs 8; Mako Vunipola 8, Jamie George 7, Kyle Sinckler 7, Maro Itoje 8, Jonny Hill 6, Tom Curry 8, Sam Underhill 8, Billy Vunipola 7.
JOIN THE RUCK:
RANKED: Which Autumn Nations Cup Team Has the Most Foreign-Born Players?
This year, 11 South Africans, 10 New Zealanders and six Aussies will take to the field during the Autumn Nations Cup despite their countries not taking part.
Find out who has the most as we rank the participants from least to most.
8. GEORGIA – 1
- Merab Sharikadze (Russia)
7. FIJI – 2
- Ben Volavola (Australia)
- Sam Matavesi (England)