Did you know? 5 terrific trivia tidbits about J.P.R. Williams
With J.P.R. Williams turning 67 today, we thought it timely to share with you five not so well know facts about the legendary Wales and British Lions fullback.
1) He won the British boys tennis championship at Wimbledon back in 1966 but give up the sport to concentrate on rugby.
2) His first and final caps for Wales came at Murrayfield against Scotland.
3) He faced England for the last time in 1981, which was the last of his incredible 12 career wins over the men in white. He in fact never once lost to England.
4) He only retired from Rugby in 2003 at the age of 54.
5) In January 2006, in a party of 16 Welsh men and women, he climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania for charity, helping to raise more than £200,000 for the NSPCC’s ‘Full Stop’ Campaign.