10. JONNY WILKINSON (ENGLAND) – A good distributor and kicker, and a solid defender.
9. JOOST VAN DER WESTHUIZEN (SOUTH AFRICA) – Joost could change the course of a game. He was quick and asked questions of the defence.
8. GARY TEICHMANN (c) (SOUTH AFRICA) – Gary and Francois Pienaar were the best captains I played under. He was good at linking with the backs.
7. JUAN SMITH (SOUTH AFRICA) – Juan was excellent at the lineout, strong in defence and a good ball-carrier. He had a never-back-down attitude.
6. RICHIE McCAW (NEW ZEALAND) – He was a good leader and influenced the refs. You would have hated playing against him but loved playing with him. Probably the best New Zealand player ever.