Clermont Auvergne have agreed to a deal with former England No.8 Nathan Hughes to move to the Top 14 when his contract with Bristol runs out his summer.
The 30-year-old, who last played for England in 2019, was recently on loan at Bath from Bristol Bears before returning to Ashton Gate.
Bath had been keen on keeping the powerhouse number 8, who has impressed at the Rec this term, but he is now set for a move to France.
Clermont are close to wrapping up a deal for the No8 and he is set to join them in the summer when his current £500,000-a-year contract expires.
- Six Nations Team Of The Tournament Revealed
- Stuart Hogg’s Scotland future in doubt after ‘angry’ interview
- Five things you might have missed during Super Saturday
- Delighted Italy Skipper Drops F-Bomb During Interview
- Incredible piece of sportsmanship from Josh Adams goes viral
How England should line-up this summer with several big names dropped
- 15. Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers)
- 14. Joe Cokanasiga (Bath RFC)
- 11. Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons)
- 13. Joe Marchant (Harlequins)
- 12. Manu Tuilagi (Sale Sharks)