Scrum-half Willi Heinz has been ruled out of England’s squad for their Six Nations finale against Italy with a leg injury.
Northampton Saints star Alex Mitchell has been called up, with Wasps’ Dan Robson and Leicester’s Ben Youngs already in the 36-man group.
The uncapped 23-year-old had been named in an earlier England training squad, but was cut from the latest squad.
“We’ll see how he recovers this week,” England defence coach said of Heinz’s “soft-tissue injury”.
“It’s important that we get on top of it. Soft-tissue injuries can be very tricky so you can’t afford to be too hasty.”
England could seal the Six Nations title with a win against Italy on Saturday if the result of France v Ireland goes their way.
GUINNESS SIX NATIONS 2020
- Saturday 31 October 2020: Italy v England KO 16:45 GMT, Stadio Olimpico, Rome (LIVE on ITV)
ENGLAND MEN 2020 QUILTER INTERNATIONALS AS PART OF THE AUTUMN NATIONS CUP
- Saturday 14 November 2020: England v Georgia KO 15:00 GMT, Twickenham Stadium (LIVE on Amazon Prime)
- Saturday 21 November 2020: England v Ireland KO 15:00 GMT, Twickenham (LIVE on Amazon Prime and Channel 4)
- Saturday 28 November 2020: Wales v England KO 16:00 GMT, venue TBC (LIVE on Amazon Prime)
- Sunday 6 December 2020: England v TBC KO 14:00 GMT, Twickenham Stadium (LIVE on Amazon Prime)
England fans pick their XV to face Italy in Six Nations final
RUCK asked over 2,000 supporters who they would choose to start for England this weekend, and there are some surprising results that head coach Eddie Jones might not agree with.
Scroll through the article below to see which players are most popular among fans ahead of this weekend’s trip to Rome
- Fullback: Anthony Watson (Bath RFC)
- Joe Cokanasiga (Bath RFC)
- Jonny May (Gloucester)
- Outside-centre: Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)
- Inside-centre: Joe Marchant (Harlequins)