England’s World Cup-winning prop Phil Vickery joined some of the biggest and most popular names in Welsh rugby in turning out at The Gnoll on Friday night for James Hook’s testimonial.
Other legends who took to the field included Wales legend Shane Williams, Colin Charvis and Alan Bateman.
James Hook Key Stats
- 2 Time Anglo Welsh Cup Winner
- 148 Ospreys Caps – 841 Points
- 78 Gloucester Caps – 294 Points
- 68 Perpignan Caps – 801 Points
- 62 Neath RFC Caps – 816 Points
- Barbarians 2013
- Welsh 7s 2006 – Commonwealth Games Plate Winner
- Transfer Round-Up: Arundell signs, Bath & Sarries add players
- Dan Biggar pays touching tribute to Tiffany Youngs
- 5 England stars who are free agents and available to sign
- Eddie Jones reveals the five best players he’s coached
- Exeter Chiefs confirm a further 11 departures
LIST | Rugby internationals who lost a ton of weight in retirement
Below is a look at five players who lost a ton of weight after their rugby union careers ended.
1. Phil Vickery (England)
The World Cup-winning prop has transformed his body since hanging up his boots. Vickery, who won the 2011 series of Celebrity Masterchef, has recently opened his new Cheltenham restaurant, No.3, after the Coronavirus pandemic delayed first orders. He’s literally half the man he used to be.