Strictly bosses bosses are said to be eyeing up royal contestants with Mike Tindall being their number one target for this year’s 20th-anniversary series.
According to reports, BBC bosses are eyeing up Tindall and Lady Louise Windsor.
The 2003 World Cup-winner, who is married to Princess Anne‘s daughter Zara, has apparently been on show bosses’ radar for some time.
‘The team are doing all they can,’ an insider said. ‘In the year of the Platinum Jubilee, it has been a real priority.’
The source added to The Sun: ‘It would be an incredible coup to secure a royal.’
Lady Louise is the daughter of the Queen’s son Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex.
- Wales legend Phil Bennett passes away aged 73
- RANKED: Top Five Rugby Union Power Couples
- SHOCK: Danny Care handed surprise England recall
- Remembering the outrageous Rugby Aid XV’s from 2015
- Nigel Owens ranks the five best captains he refereed
How have other rugby stars fared on Strictly Come Dancing?
Series 1: Martin Offiah
- Year: 2004
- Partner: Erin Boag
- Place: 4th
- Highest score: 25
- Series winner: Natasha Kaplinsky (Journalist & television presenter)
Series 4: Matt Dawson
- Year: 2006
- Partner: Lilia Kopylova
- Place: 2nd
- Highest score: 38
- Series winner: Mark Ramprakash (Cricketer)