World Cup winner and former England star Kat Merchant has completely transformed her body after retiring from rugby union.
The winger, who scored 44 tries in 58 appearances for England, retired in September 2014 with immediate effect on medical grounds as she had taken a number of concussions.
She wrote on Twitter: “Owning it. At the risk of being called ‘masculine’ I’m proud of my physique and want to encourage women that strength is still ‘feminine’”
- Lions star ruled out of Wednesday’s British & Irish Lions vs Sharks
- Four players who are blacklisted by Lions boss Warren Gatland
- Eddie Jones responds to Michael Lynagh after Twitter storm
- LIST | 8 Things to Know About England Debutant Marcus Smith
- England team to play USA: 12 uncapped players feature
LIST | Rugby internationals who lost a ton of weight in retirement
Below is a look at five players who lost a ton of weight after their rugby union careers ended.
1. Phil Vickery (England)
The World Cup-winning prop has transformed his body since hanging up his boots. Vickery, who won the 2011 series of Celebrity Masterchef, has recently opened his new Cheltenham restaurant, No.3, after the Coronavirus pandemic delayed first orders. He’s literally half the man he used to be.