#3. DROP MARCUS SMITH
WOODWARD SAID: “Everything I’ve seen from Smith leads me to believe he is a character who rises to the occasion against demanding opposition. He is at his best when his team need him most.
Having said that, had Owen Farrell been available or George Ford in the squad, I wouldn’t have started Smith.
“Farrell, Manu Tuilagi and Henry Slade are the midfielders the Boks would not have wanted to see. I’ve said all along, it’s ‘either or’ for the No10 shirt and for this game, I would have started Owen, with Smith coming on later in the game to cause serious damage.”
- 5 celebrities you didn’t know played rugby from rappers to revolutionists
- “The Welsh have it right” – Joe Marler ranks his three biggest sh**houses
- Which Autumn Nations Series Team Has the Most Foreign-Born Players?
- 5 rugby players with random jobs from Richie McCaw to 2003 World Cup winner
- Every England players salary ahead of Autumn Nations Series finale