England cruised to an easy 40-0 win against Georgia in their Autumn Nations Cup opener at the expense of an injury to Jonathan Joseph at Twickenham.
Joseph was hurt while setting up the last try of the first half and had to be helped off.
Eddie Jones said: “He’s got a bit of a spasm in his back. He landed on his lower back but we don’t think it’s going to be too serious at this stage.
“We’re hopeful, cautiously optimistic I think is the right term.”
In an experimental selection, Joseph was bumped from the midfield to the right wing but told by coach Jones to be a floating centre, to go where he wants.
He was busy as always, and made his biggest contribution while Georgia was thinking of the approaching interval.
- Prime Video pundits for 2020 Autumn Nations Cup
- Owen Farrell Names His Toughest Ever Opponent
- Jonathan ‘Jiffy’ Davies selects his all-time Lions XV
- Sean Fitzpatrick Selects His All-Time XV
The speedster broke the line on a classic arching run to set-up a try for full-back Elliott Daly for England’s most eye-catching score of the game.
However, an awkward fall following his offload for the score meant he had to be replaced by Joe Marchant with 38 minutes on the clock.
England’s all-time top try scoring XV | Jamie George enters
Following on from Jamie George’s terrific hat-trick against Georgia, here’s is how an all-time England XV would look based on tries scored.
- Fullback: Jason Robinson – 13 tries
- Winger: Rory Underwood – 49 tries
- Winger: Ben Cohen – 31 tries
- Outside-centre: Jeremy Guscott – 30 tries
- Inside-centre: Will Greenwood – 29 tries