Maro Itoje is out for eight weeks after injuring medial ligaments in England’s outstanding victory over Ireland in Dublin, according to an exclusive report from Rugby Pass.
He will miss the rest of England’s Guinness Six Nations campaign following a scan on the knee.
It is understood that Itoje will see a specialist today to discuss the best treatment for the ligament damage.
- Updated World Rankings: England move up
- Round 1: Six Nations team of the week
- 5 players who disappointed in Round 1 of the 6 Nations
- England thrash Ireland: Here’s how social media reacted…
- EVERY Six Nations Participants Highest Paid Player
England head coach Eddie Jones feels his side have the strength in depth to cope in the absence of the British & Irish Lions lock.
“Maro’s going to be the best lock in the world so it’s a big loss, but we’ve got good depth,” Jones said. “
We’ve got Joe Launchbury ready to come back in and you saw Courtney Lawes come off the bench for us. We’ll have to fill his spot and guys will just have to work that bit harder to cover his gap for how long he is out for.”