Joe Marler has tweeted a bold response to Sir Ian McGeechan’s article about Saracens’ owner Nigel Wray following the clubs sale of the weekend.
The Harlequins prop, who has been a vocal critic of Sarries ‘blatant cheating’ down the years, tweeted “Crawl out mate” in response to the article.
Underneath the headline: “Nigel Wray is one of the good guys and leaves a great legacy behind,” Sir Ian paid tribute to a man who has divided English rugby.
This cleary irked Marler, who was likely calling out McGeechan’s silence on the salary cap issue that saw the three-time EUropean champions relegated from the English top flight.
- The three BEST paid players at every Gallagher Premiership club
- 5 England hopefuls who impressed in the Premiership this weekend
- Itoje beats Kolbe to be named the most valuable player in the world
- Saracens confirm new ownership, including club legend
- Martin Johnson’s all-time XV is spectacularly good
10 Twitter Comebacks By Joe Marler That Had Trolls Looking For Ice
Here are 10 of the wittiest comebacks by Joe Marler on Twitter that will leave you roaring with laughter: