The RFU has confirmed that Joe Marler has tested positive for COVID & has withdrawn from the training camp in Brighton.
All of the other England players and staff have undergone daily lateral flow testing – all of which returned negative results.
- Rugby 22: New Exclusive Gameplay Trailer Revealed
- TRANSFER: Zach Mercer set for Gallagher Premiership return
- Sam Underhill ruled out of Six Nations after horror injury
- Joe Marler ‘lucky’ not to see red for deliberate stamp
- A second Champions Cup game has been cancelled
- Here Are The Hardest Hitters In Rugby Union History
All the latest information on injuries and suspensions in the England Six Nations squad, with updates taken directly from Eddie Jones press conferences and interviews.
#1. Owen Farrell
It is understood that Jones is primed to name a new captain next week, with Farrell set to miss the pre-tournament training camp in Brighton and see a specialist to discover the length of his layoff.
Farrell sustained an ankle injury, which required surgery, in England’s second autumn international against Australia, having had to sit out the victory over Tonga due to a false positive test for Covid-19. Considering he has made just five appearances for club and country this season, he is expected to remain with Saracens and continue his rehabilitation for the foreseeable future.