LAWRENCE DALLAGLIO decided to leave Jonny Wilkinson out of his all-time ultimate team.
The legendary England number 8 included just four players from the 2003 World Cup winning and seven All Blacks in his stunning selection.
Dallaglio was asked to name his ultimate starting XV for The Times.
My dream team, by Lawrence Dallaglio
- Fullback: CHRISTIAN CULLEN (New Zealand): Comes down to Cullen or Serge Blanco. While Blanco might have been a great player for a longer period, Cullen’s best years were sensational
- Winger: DAVID CAMPESE (Australia): Wasn’t always generous in his comments about England but he was a great player and, really, he walks into the team
- Winger: JONAH LOMU (New Zealand): If only for the matches he played against England, he would get in, but Lomu played plenty of other great matches.
- Outside-centre: FRANK BUNCE (New Zealand): Lots of people will say ‘how can you not pick Tim Horan at No 12?’ Horan was a great player, a better attacker than Bunce but I loved Bunce’s physicality
- Inside-centre: JEREMY GUSCOTT (England): The way Jerry could accelerate onto a pass made him unique in my eyes. One of those players with the ability to do something that changed a game