Mike Brown will be a Newcastle Falcons player next season, with the in-form Harlequins full-back relishing the prospect of life at Kingston Park.
“I’ve enjoyed watching how the Falcons have performed this season since coming back up, and they’ve had some great results,” said the man who has made more offloads than any other player in this season’s Gallagher Premiership, and is in the top ten for carries and tries scored.
“They play with an uncompromising toughness and have got some real X-factor players, and when the time comes to join up with them in the summer I know I’ll enjoy being part of it.”
Capped 72 times by England, the 35-year-old holds Harlequins’ all-time appearance record having played 348 times for the London club.
- Sky Bet predict how the Lions will line-up
- McGeechan ranks his 5 best young players in the world
- O’Driscoll leaves Owen Farrell out of his Lions backline
- The Six Nations team of the tournament has been named
- Italy legend Sergio Parisse ranks his five toughest opponents
Mike Brown selects his England XV for 2023 World Cup
- 15. Tom de Glanville (Bath RFC)
- 14. Anthony Watson (England)
- 13. Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
BROWN SAID: “De Glanville has all the skills. Get him in now to see if he can make the step up.”
RUCK’S PICKS: 15. Josh Hodge (Exeter Chiefs), 14. Joe Cokanasiga (Bath RFC), 11. Ollie Thorley (Gloucester)
- 13. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)
- 12. Owen Farrell (Saracens)
BROWN SAID: “Slade has got the natural ability that we associate with All Blacks. Farrell showed against Wales what he can do as second receiver, bringing outside backs into the game and off-loading when taking the line on himself.”
RUCK’S PICKS: 13. Joe Marchant (Harlequins), 12. Owen Farrell (Saracens)